Monday, October 27, 2008

Finally Working!!

Work has been kind of slow for Jay the past couple of months. The squadron is getting resettled after being in Afghanistan for 15 months. They were given some time off to rest and get rejuvenated. Then they had to inventory everything as it arrived back in Germany. Things are really starting to pick up for him. This past week he was put in charge of a platoon, which is about 20 guys. Next week, he will really start training with his guys. He’ll start putting in some long days. We’re hoping he doesn’t have to head out into the field until after Christmas.
Jay's in the second row, second person in...
I have finally been able to get into the school. I have spent a few days subbing and I was also hired as a tutor. For the tutoring position, I stay in one classroom all day and work with kids in small groups or individually. I help them with any subject, but it is usually math. I help the students to better understand the concepts they are working on and give them extra practice. I have really enjoyed the program so far. Subbing has been a challenge as the students have a lot of attitude. But then again, that’s middle school. They learned very quickly that I won’t take much attitude from them and then the next few days I didn’t have any problems! It feels so great to be in the classroom again. I’ve really missed it! Thankfully I’ve been able to keep in contact with many of the teachers from Sioux Central, so I feel like know what’s going on and keep up with my kids.

1 comment:

Risala Furniture said...

Great and informative post. thank you for sharing this information with us. linen curtains in abu dhabi