It has been a busy Saturday as Jay is getting ready to head out for two weeks of training in the field. We tried to get everything done before he leaves. This morning we spent several hours cleaning. I was working on the house and Jay was cleaning out the cars. Unfortunately... it wasn't working for me. As I was getting the house picked up, Jay was bringing more things in from the cars and making a bigger mess. I came to the conclusion that in order to clean our house, it first must be completely destroyed!
We had a lot of dishes to do since we haven't touched them for a few days. I'm usually the washer and Jay is the dryer, but he picked up the wash cloth today. I couldn't help but laugh as I noticed how FULL the sink was. He had water all over the ledge and it was dripping down the cupboard and on to the floor! Nonetheless, we had a great time doing dishes together!
Some of the other things we did today... went to Vodafone (our cell phone company) and set up an automatic payment, went to Clothing and Sales and bought Jay's next rank things and a $40 mini flashlight!, went to the motor pool and scraped glue off the windows of Jay's three new humvee's. Then we went on a drive and Jay showed me where they do some of their training on the outskirts of town. It was a really nice day here, so it was fun to be out. It wasn't sunny, but it was the warmest it has been in a long time.
Once we got home, Jay put me to work again. I sewed a first-aid symbol on his first-aid kit. They had to have the symbol on, so it was either me sewing it or he would use a marker. It doesn't look the best, but it works. Earlier today we took his hat in to get his new rank sewn on, but they were closed. So, I sewed that on tonight too. It was really tough!! The material is so thick that I was having a really hard time getting the needle to go through. The dull end of the needle poked through my finger a few times because I was pushing so hard. I tried using a plastic thimble I had, but it didn't work very well. Nearing the end, my fingers were pretty sore and tired. I had to use the thimble more, which didn't work so well and I used plyers to pull the needle through. I ended up bending two needles and snapping a third one in half. I finally finished his hat with the fourth needle. He wanted me to do another hat, but I told him I would take it to the sew shop on Monday and have it ready for him when he gets back!
The first of the bent needles!
Now it's time to sit down and watch some CSI!!!