Monday, July 11, 2011

Welcome Party

On Saturday, Jay and I threw a welcome party for our new LTC and his family. We had an ice cream theme and hired in the ice cream truck! We played some great family games throughout the afternoon. It was a great time on a beautiful sunny day!

Our commander's wife told me that I need to be a party planner in my next life. I love throwing parties and coming up with games. I just wish the supplies weren't so expensive!

One of the games we played was a relay race. Everyone was given a task and had to complete it for their team. Some of the events were a little harder than others. Here are some pictures to prove it!

Angie eating crackers and then trying to whistle.
Sarah drinking out of a bottle.
 Rebekah trying to put panty hose on with gloves.
 Caleb eating sardines.
 Josiah hammering nails into a board.
 Getting dressed Army style!
LTC Runey digging for worms. He is our new commander and will be Jay's boss! Good thing he's not afraid of getting dirty!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Looks like a fun time!

Farmgirl Chaos said...

As you hire out for party planning, I will have to start charging you for the flyer/invite designs. :)

sisalrugs said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? Carpet Abu Dhabi