Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spring Family Fun Day

We've been having fun all afternoon as our squadron held a Spring Family Fun Day. It was more like mandatory fun, which we all like to call it. I was in charge of the whole ordeal, so have been running around all day. I was up at 6:00 on the one day I could sleep in making sure I had everything ready to go. Now that it's over, I am satisfied that all went well. Fun was had by all!! The only thing that could have gone better was the rain. It rained all morning, was sunny when people came at 2:00, rained at 4:00, and then cleared up again by 6:00. It chased a few families away, but we still had a good number attend.

We had three big inflateables for the kids to play on. We also had four different stations with different activities... face painting, coloring masks, cake walk, scavenger hunt. There was also a clown walking around making balloon animals for the kids. I had a volleyball tournament organized for the adults. The troops played against each other. It looked like the guys were having a lot of fun. We grilled out for supper and had yummy hot dogs, hamburgers, and brats!! To finish the afternoon, we had a drawing for raffle prizes. The single soldiers had some great gifts, like an ipod, digital camera, external hardrive, etc. The family gifts weren't as great as they were all little kid games and activities.

I'm glad the day is over, but also know that means the guys are now on their way out. Some are already down in Graf and the rest are leaving in the next two days. Jay leaves on Saturday and will be back at the end of the month. I'm sure going to miss him, but will be kept busy all month. I have been hired as a long term sub for a second grade classroom at the elementary school. The teacher is getting her knee replaced, so I'm finishing off the school year for her. I'm so excited about this and hope it will lead to something for next year. We'll wait and see what God has in store.

2 comments:

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

Congrats on getting the long-term sub position. I was wondering who was going to take that class...and what good timing to help keep you busy while Jay is out in the field. I am sure the kids are really happy to have you be their teacher as well! And good luck with the going back to school. I got one online class finished and decided to take a break (haha, mainly because of Gunnar, but I didn't like the online format very well either).
Gunnar and I are considering attempting church tomorrow. We drop Kyle off to go to the field tomorrow morning so we will see what time we finish up with that, so maybe we will see you there!

Risala Furniture said...

Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about customized mats abu dhabi