Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Clothesline

On our drive home from canyoning, Jay and I were talking about what we would want our house to look like when and if we build one. We talked about how many stories we want, where the washer and dryer would be, where to put things in the kitchen (like the microwave, on the counter on up on the wall between cabinets, or if we want an island in the middle), having a walk-in closet, how to position the living room and dining room, etc. We also talked about the outside of the house. We have a location already planned out for our house. We have a nice little acrage we are hoping to get. We talked about planting trees for a windbreak, where to put a swingset and a dog house. I think we both got really excited about eventually having our own place.

As I was doing laundry today, and a lot of it, I realized that I never mentioned that I would like to have a clothesline outside to dry my clothes. My house has been very hot and steamy today after four loads. We don't have a vent to send the heat outside, so it gathers in the bathroom and spreads out from there.

When I was young, I remember driving by my neighbors house in the spring and seeing her clothesline full. That was one of the signs of spring for me, because that meant the sun was warm enough to dry the clothes. Mom's line was also always full. With all of us kids (and dad), she had a lot of laundry to do. I never did like the stiff feeling of the clothes, but it sure saved on energy! I hope to do that myself some day, when we have our own house.

4 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

And I get to decorate it! :) Also, where might this acreage be? Please do tell.

J-D-K-G said...

Can I put dibs on decorating? :)

Jay and Gina said...

If I could have both Nicole and Deedra decorate, I would definitely have the most stylish house in the state!! You'll both get calls in several years once you're needed!!

Risala Furniture said...

Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome. bed headboards Dubai