Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gone for the week

It's been a long night around here. Jay tried going to bed around 9:30, but couldn't fall asleep. I layed beside him and rubbed his back trying to make him tired, but that didn't work. He got up at 10:30 and had a glass of milk, but that didn't work. I packed pillows around him like he loves to sleep and that didn't work. I think he finally fell asleep around midnight, but then the alarm went off at 1:00. He left at 1:30 to head into post. The trucks were supposed to pull out at 2:00 for a week of training. This is the beginning to a long year and a half. It actually started back in May, but with block leave in there, we got a little break. Soon, they have another month of training and then away they go!

Earlier this week, the guys were issued a lot of new equipment. Jay was looking through it all last night and had me try it on. He needed practice and I was the dummy! After he figured out what he needed to pack, it was all stuffed into a bag. Unfortunately there is still a whole bunch of stuff laying on the floor. That means I get to stuff it into boxes and on to the shelves! I have company coming over on Thursday and would like to have the room cleaned up!


Last night, I also cut Jay's hair. It hadn't been cut since the beginning of July and was super long. After a week in the field, it would have been a bush! I cut it nice and short so it won't have to be cut again for a couple more weeks! It will also be cooler for him since it finally got warm around here!

Can't wait until Friday when my handsome husband comes back home!! (I know... it's only four days, but I still don't like it when he's gone. I'm getting used to it, but still never fun!)

3 comments:

Mom said...

Oh..don't you look beautiful in that Army gear!

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

Yes, let's hope these days go by fast. It is sad, they are gone for less than 24 hours and I already miss him. :( Hopefully I make it to Bible study tomorrow night...Gunnar and I are both feeling much better. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers!
I would also like to say you are a brave woman to cut Jay's hair. I would never touch Kyle's, he complains about how the professionals cut it. I wouldn't dare! By the way...you make one cute Army girl, you look so serious! :)

Risala Furniture said...

Stunning, Fantastic its looks are so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome. bed with upholstered headboard