Sunday, July 4, 2010

Volunteers of the Year

USAG Schweinfurt recently celebrated it's volunteers. I was invited to the celebration as one of the volunteers of the year.



Volunteering is something I really enjoy! With Jay being gone, spending my time helping others makes the time go by much faster. My favorite activities to do is coach with CYS. This year I coached basketball, softball, and track. I love building relationships with the kids and being someone they can trust.


During our 191 Days Down Celebration, I received a Heart of Victory Award from Victory Corps. I didn't know anything about this, but was quite surprised when I was called up during the events. Here is the write up that was turned in for my nomination...

The 1st Squadron 91st US Cavalry is proud to nominate Gina Feldt for the V Corp Heart of Victory Award. Gina is most deserving of this recognition not only for her selfless service to the 1-91 CAV families, but also for her outstanding service to our entire Schweinfurt community.

Gina is a member of B Troop and initially was the interim B Troop FRG leader back in 2008, even though she was a new wife and new to the Army. Since then Gina has volunteered as the B Troop Treasurer, as well as attending all B Troop sponsored events. At a Squadron level, Gina is part of our Steering Committee as the Events Coordinator. She researches, plans, and executes all the Squadron level events such as the Christmas Party, Easter Party, Ladies Dining-In, etc. Within our Squadron, Gina has not once, not twice, but three times provided emergency childcare for a spouse who has to be hospitalized and the children needed to be cared for at a moment's notice. Gina opens her home and her heart to our most precious 1-91 CAV families by providing care to their little ones in the time of need. The best part is that she does it with a smile and with a caring spirit that we can all see and only hope to emulate.

Beyond our CAV family, Gina is a beacon of light within our Schweinfurt community. She is a 4th grade teacher at our elementary school and volunteers at all the PTA events (Bingo, Harvest Party, Fundraisers). But she doesn't stop there. Gina also volunteers at the Middle School Student Council Events (dances, fundraisers, etc.) Gina coaches with CYS in basketball, softball, and track... again, giving back to our community with her time. For the soldiers, Gina volunteers to tutor them, helping with CLEP exams or working towards their GED. Gina is an active member of our PWOC and through the church, Gina volunteers weekly with the Club Beyond program, working with middle school and high school children. These volunteer hours are not a one time event, Gina volunteers for all of these organizations weekly and often times even daily.

Gina Feldt touches the lives of our children, our teenages, our spouses, and our soldiers through her amazing non-stop volunteering. Gina Feldt is well-known in this community as having a warm smile and a willingness to help. She uses all her talents and abilities to make our CAV family better, to make our community better. There was never a more deserving recipient of the V Corps Heart of Victory Award. Gina Feldt doesn't just have a Heart of Victory, she has a heart of gold.

I am very grateful to have received this award. It is very special and I really appreciate it. But getting awards is not the reason I volunteer. I do it because I love to be a light of God's love. There are many people in this community that need love shown to them and I do what I can to make that happen. If there were no coaches, what would these kids have to do after school. If there were no tutors, how would students and soldiers become any better than they already are. If there were no babysitters, parents would go nuts trying to handle everything that is thrown at them. All that I do is simply in kindness.

5 comments:

Mom said...

WOW! That brought tears to my eyes. Way to go girl!
I am so glad you let God shine through you to others.
Keep up the good work.
We love you!

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Just one more reason to love you, and why you are such a great sister. :)

Keeley Barr said...

I've been saying you were SuperWoman since the first time I met you! I'm glad they recognized and appreciated all the amazing work you do. Normally those things are kind of "beefed up" to sound better but every single thing in yours was true! You are awesome :-)

Riya Joshi said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
Blinds and Curtains abu dhabi

Risala Furniture said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info. Acoustic Flooring dubai