Saturday, October 9, 2010

Yeah for Wonderful Ladies!

I just have to say.... I am SO BLESSED with such wonderful friends around here. When I first knew I was coming over to Germany, I was a bit nervous about being around all new people. But wow, has it ever been great! I am surrounded by ladies who are just fantastic!! If I ever feel alone, I can always count on Elizabeth to keep my company or Angie or Beth to share their families with me.

We began a tradition over a year ago to have a girls' day every few months! We wanted a time for us ladies to get together, chat about life, and simply enjoy each other's company. Well, today we had another girls' day. Nine of us got together and chatted all afternoon.


We also ate a bunch of delicious food!

We had an item swap. Everyone brought stuff they didn't want anymore. Then we all took new things home with us! One woman's trash is another woman's treasure!


To end the evening, we watched a classic... "Girls Just Want to Have Fun." We had a good time laughing at the clothes and hair styles back then!

The sad part to the day.... it will be our last girls' day with Beth. She is leaving us in a few weeks to head to Washington. It may also be our last one with Elizabeth. She is leaving us in November. This is the sad part of living in the Army. Eventually, everyone leaves. We haven't had to experience the leaving part yet, but we have had good friends leave us. But these are my closest friends! I pray that God continues to bless me with good friendships where ever we are!

Beth and Kyle.... I sure am going to miss you! Thanks for sharing your kind hearts and for being a blessing to me! (And for sharing your kids with me!)

1 comment:

Risala Furniture said...

Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards sheet vinyl flooring