Saturday, November 6, 2010

HE'S HOME!!!!!!!!

Finally.... after 350 days ..... Jay's back in town!! He arrived this morning, with about 40 other guys. It was a long night of no sleep waiting for him! I'm SO GLAD to have him back!! Instead of writing, I'll just put up a few (or a lot) pictures from his welcome home ceremony!!
With Chaplain Martindale. She's been wonderful to have around this deployment.

My photographer for the morning! Thanks Angie for taking all the pictures! We really appreciated it!

Here they come... walking in. Jay's in the middle

The guys in formation.... I'm anxious to get out on the floor!

They've been dismissed.... so I'm going to find him!

 Our wonderful reunion!! So glad to have him back!



Our friend Dan came to welcome Jay... and brought him gummies, Jay's favorite!

Jon and the boys! These two will be working together in a few months, for Garrison.

LTC Spain.... Jay's new boss in February.

I just couldn't give him enough hugs!!




Now that we're home.... this is how we're spending our afternoon.... doing nothing! Just simply staying home and enjoying being back together!

This is what Jay walked into when he got home!! These are all the letters that our friends and family sent to him. Thanks for all those that did! Jay was really surprised to see them. He's read a few, but it will take him awhile to read them all.
 A flag made out of all your emails!



Thank you God.... for bring him home safe and sound!

4 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

WAHOOO!!!!!! Welcome home Jay! I can't to see you in just a couple of weeks! Thank you God for His protection over all of you.

Mom said...

Oh my gosh...you made me cry already this morning. You look SO happy! I am thrilled for you both. Enjoy having Jay home.
WELCOME HOME CAPTAIN JAY!
We love you both!

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

YAY!!!I am so happy for you guys. What an exciting time. I love the pictures (great job Angie)! Praying for you two during this time of reunion. Give Jay hugs from us!

The Houstons said...

So VERY glad to take y'all's pics today! :) Good thing I did have the camera...or I would have been a crying mess.
Guess you have someone else in the house to drink the yummy stuff we shared a few weeks ago...;)
So glad you guys are relaxing...and the flag is just what a cutie patootie teacher like you would think of! :) Hoooray, he's HOME!!!