Friday, April 8, 2011

Fish Market

What do you see at fish markets....

Fish of course

And a big pirate ship in the middle of downtown! Just what you expected, right!
Last weekend, Schweinfurt had their big fish market. Another great thing about Germany, they make everything into a celebration! That means fantastic food and such a fun environment. We went down to the market after church last Sunday and hung out for a few hours. A few friends were brave and tried all different kinds of fish, including a head of an eel! Jay and I, on the other hand, we stuck with a bratwurst! We weren't quite ready to venture out into the world of fish!

One of the fun parts of the day was watching a guy on a truck fill fruit baskets. He had beautiful baskets that he was filling full of all sorts of fresh fruit and then would sell them for 10 euro each. Getting a basket was no easy task though. It took you getting to the front of the line, holding your hand on the basket to claim in, and then waiting for him to fill it, take your money, and then hand it down to you. Jay got our basket, but was trying to get another for another friend. The guy on the truck was defintiely not going to give him another basket. So I went up and tried my hand and securing a basket. An experience that would probably never happen in the states! Such great adventures around here!

Here's a picture of the empty fruit truck. I didn't have my camera with me the first time. So we walked back down later, but he was out of fruit.

We are off to Spain in a couple of hours! We are heading to Madrid to claim another city and maybe see a bull fight. We are a little nervous about the bull fight as we have heard they are pretty goary. We are hoping to buy really cheap tickets at the top of the arena and be able to leave when we want.

I had to make a decision whether or not I wanted to go to Madrid this morning. Jay's phone rang and it was my principal. Because of the government shut down, I will not be getting paid on Monday. I took the day off as a leave day, but would normally have gotten paid for it! I asked her if I could still take the day and she had to check on the sub. She had to make sure the sub would get paid, otherwise I would have to go in. They continued to read through their document and found that subs would get paid. So she told me I could take it unpaid if I still wanted to go to Spain. It would be a wash for pay. I lose $200 on plane tickets and hotel, or I lose $200 from not going to school. So, we're heading out in a few hours!

I'll be back with more pictures and hopefully fun stories in a few days! I hopefully won't have any bad stories of being pickpocketed to share. That happens a lot in Madrid!

1 comment:

john narula said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
doors and frames dubai