Sunday, April 24, 2011

Adventure Camp

Over spring break, I went to Belgium with Club Beyond, a ministry for middle school students here on post. We took 21 students from Schweinfurt and met up with 250 other students from Europe in Durbuy, Belgium. We had a fantastic time overcoming our fears. The camp was all about adventure!


Here are some of the amazing things we did...

High-Ropes Course

Rock Climbing

Caving


Laser Tag

Biking (or walking our bikes up hill)

Eating Belgium waffles dipped in Belgium chocolate! Getting these in town is what made the bike ride worth it!


Go Carts

Human Foosball

Archery

Zip line called the Death Ride
Jumping off the mountain...
 Gaining speed...
 Loving it!
 Got twisted around
 And finally back on the ground! (Almost)

I spent the week with these five great ladies! We made some great relationships, learning a lot about God and each other!

Country night with a bon fire and smores!

By the end of the week... my girlies were pretty tired out!

This is Crystal. She was our speaker for each evening Club talk! She was pretty amazing! We had some great grown-up talks throughout the week!

And the whole group!

Over all, I had a fabulous time! I definitely forced myself to do things I don't think I would normally do. Usually I need Jay to talk me into things. But knowing that the kids were looking up to me, I put on my game face and looked fear in the face!

After camp, we jumped back on the bus and rode home for 8 hours! It was definitely nice to be back in my own bed!

If you want to see more pictures, I have them up on picasa.

5 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it. Especially the zip lining off the mountain. Scary fun! :)

Becky Bartlett said...

Looks like a fun week!! Human fooseball looks like it was funny... and I'm not sure I could have done that zip line!! :)

Mom said...

Ok...who had more fun..you or the kids?
So glad you could plant a seed into the lives of those girls. Hope that seed will continue to grow into a love for our Lord!

sisalrugs said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
top interiors company in dubai

Royal Apex said...

Looks like students enjoyed their adventure trip. Thanks for sharing cute pics. I work in a carpentry factory in Dubai. Next time when you plan for an adventure consider Dubai.