Thursday, June 16, 2011

School's Out for Summer!

I'm just getting ready to leave the house for my last day of school!!! Yesterday we had our awards ceremony with the kids and then sent them home for the afternoon. We had the rest of the day to work in our classroom. I could have been done easily, but I decided to dive into the unknown wall of closests and do some MAJOR cleaning. Nothing in these closets is mine and I haven't touched them since I moved into the room. But it was time! It really wasn't that bad. And I'm not afraid to throw things away, so my garbage filled up quickly!

Today we have to go in to do our final clearing and checkout. I get my room inspected at 8:50 this morning, and then will have the rest of the day to do...... Club Beyond planning. We leave for our mission trip in Romania in one week and I have tons I need to do before then. It will be a good time for me to stick myself behind a desk and get some planning done.

But that will only last so long, as we are jumping on a plane to head here this afternoon...

This would be the wonderful, sandy beaches of Portugal! I'm so excited to get away for a few days, slow life down, and simply relax. Jay and I tend to forget what that word means, so we'll see how long we last. We have two options..... we can spend hours on the beach doing absolutely nothing, or we can go inland and tour the country. I'm sure we'll do some of both as neither of us can sit still that long!

The weather is supposed to be absolutely perfect! High of 80, perfect sun, and no chance of rain!!! I can't wait to get there!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sounds absolutely WONDERFUL!
Enjoy!