Sunday, August 3, 2008

The weekend already!



I have arrived safe and sound! After a very long flight, Jay met me in the airport to take me home. Ever since we arrived in Schweinfurt, we having been going at lightening speed. There are so many things to get done. Our first goal was to get our apartment into shape. We have spent a lot of money buying the essentials needed. A few of the big things were a tv, microwave, rugs, vacuum, etc. The place is finally starting to find some order. We have to wait for our last shipment to come in before we can do much decorating.

I have been doing my best to learn the roads and what's located on the different posts. I can't wait to get my license and start doing thing on my own. Our apartment is located close to the business district. There are many little shops down there that sell anything you can imagine. Lots of restaurants around. We ate out my first night here. I was really nervous about what I ordered, considered the whole menu was in German. Jay is awesome at talking with the Germans, by speaking a few words, but most using hand gestures. They really do know a lot of English, so they make it easy on us. We are spoiled!!! This business district is also the home to a lot of music festivals. We have attended two. They have a big stage for the music and there are vendors all over the place. We have enjoyed buying a bratwurst and listening to 80's music...in English!!!!

This weekend, we made a trip down to Dachau Concentration Camp. It was a gorgeous day to be out. We spend several hours looking around the grounds and through all the buildings. It was nice to get away from the apartment and settle down for a bit. We have been running wild that we haven't really taken any time for ourselves.

3 comments:

Paul, Abby, and Jillian Hovey said...

So glad you guys are finally together! We really enjoy your blog and keeping up to speed on things! Hope Germany feels like home for both of you soon!

J-D-K-G said...

Gina-I'm so glad to hear you are there and getting settled! Enjoy your travel time. Your honeymoon trip sounds like something out of a movie! Have an amazing time!

Risala Furniture said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
customized panel blinds in abu dhabi