Monday, August 3, 2009

Legoland!!

Last Friday, I went to Legoland with Krista and her five boys (ranging from 12 years to 4 months). Legoland is a big theme park, with a lot of it make out of legos! It was so neat to see all of the huge things they made out of tiny little legos. I was able to go on several of the rides and rollercoasters with the older boys. I was hoping my stomach would keep up with them! I did pretty good and never felt sick! I can still handle being thrown all around! We had perfect weather the whole day. It wasn't too hot at all and the sun was shining! We brought a picnic lunch and sat under a big umbrella to enjoy peanut butter and jelly. We had a great time together. By the end of the day, Max (3 years old) was getting really tired. I held him the last hour or so as he rested his head. My arms had a good workout!

This is a huge soccer stadium in Munich, completely made out of legos. The details were amazing. We stood and looked at it for probably 10 minutes as we kept finding new things. They had several huge buildings from all over Germany.

Inside of the stadium
Outside of the stadium

Neuschwanstein Castle (Cinderella castle)

We went into a fabrication building. It showed how each lego is made out of tiny pieces of plastic being melted together. They then boxed them all up to sell. There were shelves upon shelves of boxes.



This was one of the machines used to make the legos. Everything is done by robotic hands.

1 comment:

Mom said...

WOW! How interesting!
Did you buy any Legos?
Sounds like a fun day... Especially for boys.