Saturday, October 3, 2009

What a Wonderful Day!

Traveling around Europe is absolutely phenomenal, don't get me wrong, but sometimes staying home can be so wonderful. Today is the first time in months that Jay and I have both stayed home all day long. We did make a trip to the library and Jay washed the car, but other than that, we whipped the house into shape and I spent a lot of time in the kitchen.
We slept in this morning which felt so amazing! I loved waking up on my own and having Jay right beside me. I sure am going to miss that! We then made homemade donuts and each had a cup of hot chocolate. We were lazy, but it felt oh so good!

We then got to work and started cleaning the house. Everything was already picked up because my amazing husband did it all on Tuesday night while I was at a meeting. He put all the clothes away, did laundry, cleaned out the fridge, took out the trash and recycling, and even vaccuumed. I was in tears when I got home because I was so happy. I had been stressing because I couldn't stand the house being so messy, but hadn't had any time to get it clean. So today, we just had to do the actual cleaning part. We kept finding other things to do, so it took us most of the day to get the house cleaned, but we got er' done! Then we prepared food to feed our company tonight.

My friends Elizabeth and Crystal came over tonight for supper and a game. We had enchilladas, a fruit salad, chips, and salsa. It was all quite tasty! We then played Loaded Questions. It was great to socialize with them and relax for the evening. Even Jay had a good time, even though it was all girls! I ended up winning, so that was fun! We than sat around for awhile longer chit chatting before they headed out. I'm sure we'll be having several nights like that once the guys leave. We'll be seeing each other a lot!

Tomorrow we'll have to do a bit more work than today. After church, Jay is heading into the office and I need to go to school. It's only a four day week for us, so hope it goes fast, but we still need to get ready for it. Jay has a busy week getting rid of things and for me, it will be the usual. We are looking forward to a trip to Stockholm this coming weekend! Should make for a good time!

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend as much as we are!!!

1 comment:

Risala Furniture said...

Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about best sofa upholstery fabric Dubai