Sunday, April 25, 2010

Deployed Spouses Retreat

I am home after a great weekend in Garmisch, for a CAV Deployed Spouses Retreat. I headed down after school on Friday. We had a session Friday night, Saturday morning, and Sunday morning. We were given Saturday afternoon to do as we please! I was really tempted to stay at the hotel, relax, read, and take a nap, but went out with some friends instead. We took a little trip over to the Linderhof Castle, one of King Ludwig's. I have been there before with Jay, but went along anyway. The place wasn't nearly as pretty because there were no flowers and the trees were still bare. Nonetheless, the sun was out and it was an absolutely beautiful day! We sat outside the castle for a long time, simply enjoying the down time!

These are some of the ladies from the conference. We all went together to see the castle.

Linderhof Castle.... as you can see in the background, no pretty trees or flowers yet.

After a long drive back to Schweinfurt, I was ready to be home. I had a lot of work to do! I needed to write lesson plans, go to the commissary, and make 250 invitations!!! I had already asked Elizabeth to come over to help me, but then had a call that we were invited to go eat grilled food at our friends Angie and Jon! How can you turn down grilling, especially on such a nice day!! So what I had hours upon hours of work to do, this sounded like a lot more fun! So, I packed up my car with my invitation supplies and headed over. I had two lovely ladies help me out. I was cutting while Elizabeth and Angie were glueing, punching, and threading ribbon! I still have more to do, but they were a HUGE help!! I don't think I could have finished them without these ladies! In the mean time, Jon was slaving over the grill and preparing our supper for us. This is what he created!

Grilled steak and veggie kabobs!! How can you get much better than that on a sunny Sunday evening? Because my friends know me so well and spoil me rotten... these were made especially for me...


All meat and no veggies!! They were so tasty!! After we were all done eating, we had some after supper entertainment! Noah did some dancing for us! He is just so sweet! I have a movie of it, but can't figure out how to link it... so unless someone tells me, you'll have to miss it!

Thanks Houston family for feeding me tonight! It was absolutely delicious!!! I enjoyed the company and the help on the invitations!!

3 comments:

The Houstons said...

Yep! and...let us know when you need more help:)We're untapped resources you know!! :)

Farmgirl Chaos said...

I love your skewer! That's how I like mine as well. :)
And when can I see a picture of the invitations? I hope they turned out well.
I'm still getting stuff for the center pieces. :)

Riya Joshi said...

Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards bamboo blinds in abu dhabi