Saturday, April 3, 2010

Skiing on the Zugspitze


Last weekend I went with some friends down to Garmisch, Germany. I actually went down to babysit the kids while the mom was at a conference. Lucky for me, I had the fun job! On Friday night, we went swimming in the pool. On Saturday morning, we were up early and got ourselves bundled up for the slopes! I drove half way up the Zugspitze, which is the tallest mountain in Germany. There wasn't much snow on the ground, so we had to go high up. We then took a cable car up the rest of the mountain. I felt like we were going straight up, the angle was so steep! At the top of the mountain, we had to switch cable cars and go part way down the other side. We were now completely surrounded by mountains. It was so beautiful! I sent the kids down the slopes and I stood there enjoying God's creation.


Then it was my turn to go down! Unforunately, one of the kids had a difficult time getting up the slope, so we didn't get many runs in. The few that I had were so great! I was nervous going skiing because I'm not very good, but I did these runs like a pro!! I wish I could have done a few more rounds.... but maybe next year!


Sunday morning I went to the small service they had at the resort. It felt good to hear about God's glory while being surrounded by his glory! After that, there was one more session in the conference, so I took four kids to the pool again! While they were swimming, I decided to sit out and read. I rarely have time to read, so this was great!

Overall, it was a nice weekend! I enjoyed having a bit of downtime. And being in the mountains.... how much better can you get!!

1 comment:

Riya Joshi said...

Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards blackout blinds Dubai