Sunday, April 4, 2010

Rugs, Rugs, and MORE Rugs!!

I am one very spoiled girl!! My husband sure must love me a lot!!! Here's why...

The big gift that every wife with a deployed soldier to Afghanistan waits for is a rug!! These rugs aren't your every day, run of the mill rugs. They are all hand stitched and absolutely beautiful!! You can find them in so many vibrant colors!

I received a package a few weeks ago with these rugs in it!!
This second one is made out of camel hair. It's very course and was stinky when I opened the box. The smell has worn out by now! What a neat keep sake for us!

I got a call from Jay a week or so ago and he said he was sending a big black box home with his cold weather gear in it. He won't need the gear again, so he wants to clear it out of his bags so he has more space. When I received the black box, I opened it to find....

This one is made entirely out of silk. It's very shiny. Jay said it was a bit on the expensive side, so it will be one for the wall, not the floor!

This is a prayer rug that the Afghans use.

Another one made out of camel hair. It is hand stitched, with things to do with the war. It has the US and Afghan flags on the top. An outline of the country, with the names of surrounding countries around the outside. In the middle right, it says. Rout of Terriors with help of American and Britian. The grammar isn't the best on it, but that's because they don't know English very well. This will be so neat to have many years down the road!

Of course there were clothes in the box too. I took them out and packed them in boxes to the back room. I surely wasn't expecting all of these! I did ask Jay to send me a rug this year, after seeing many others from the last deployment.... but I got way more than I asked for!! What a wonderful husband I have!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

They are gorgeous. What a keepsake!

Riya Joshi said...

Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards blackout blinds In abu dhabi