Saturday, May 8, 2010

Main River Boat Trip

Today has been a very relaxing day! I don't get many days like this, so I cherished it! This morning I had a softball game. I created the line-up, got the girls started, cheered them on a few times, and then left the field! I went to Wuerzburg with a bunch of teachers from the elementary and middle school. I was sure glad my friend Sandra was there. Otherwise it would have been me with a bunch of elder teachers! They all had at least 30 years on me! It was nice to talk with Sandra! We took a boat on the Main River to a quaint  little town. I have no idea what the town was called! I really had no idea about anything on this trip! That was the beauty of it! I simply followed the crowd and didn't have to think. Once we got off the boat, we walked through the town up to a palace. It was a small little palace with flower gardens all around it.
We had a while to wait for our tour, so we sat on a bench and enjoyed the outdoors. Actually... this is what I really enjoyed!
Little Loralynn is just beginning to eat solid food. She still doesn't quite know that she is supposed to open her mouth when there is food in front of her! It was fun to watch her because she was so happy while she was being fed! The impressive part is that she didnt' even get any food on her clothes, only her face!

We then took the tour of the castle and then a boat ride back to Wuerzburg. It was a nice little trip and I'm glad I went. Once I got home, it was back to work! I completely forgot that I have to serve snacks at chapel tomorrow until this morning. I headed straight to the commissary as soon as I was back in Schweinfurt. I purchased everything I needed and headed for home to start cooking. I decided to keep it easy! All I'm doing tonight is making cookies! The rest will be thrown into a crockpot in the morning and will be ready by the time service is over!

Now I'm going to enjoy the rest of the evening! I'm going out to eat at one of my favorite restaurants and then back here to watch a movie!! Yeah for a day of calmness!! Much needed and appreciated!!

3 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Sounds like a good time. Is that on our schedule for November? Well, maybe not a boat ride I guess. I will be a little cold.

Hopefully I will get the flowers done tonight and everything else done tomorrow. My goal is to send it out in the mail...priority...on Monday, just have to see if I have time after a campus visit.

:)

Dad said...

Looks like your mother taught you well.

Riya Joshi said...

Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about where to buy curtains in abu dhabi