Monday, June 14, 2010

Almost to the end!


The end of the school year is almost here! Tomorrow is my last day with kids. I have three works days after that, but no kids! I am really excited to be done. You can't tell that I'm excited though. Instead, you would think that I've been run over by a semi! By the end of the day today I had lost all steam. I was barely holding my eyes open! We were supposed to have our field day today! But the weather was... well, normal German weather. Very cloudy, quite chilly, and rainy. We were able to spend a while outside roller skating in the morning. It drizzled on us, but not too bad. Instead of working on cleaning my classroom, I decided to skate with me kids! I had a good time. After lunch, we were supposed to head back outside to do different activities for the rest of the day. They called it off though because it was raining. So, major change of plans. I had to keep the kids in the room for two hours, doing nothing. We started a movie, but everyone got bored. So then we pulled out the board games. We survived, but it wasn't too fun. By the end of the day, I was nearly crawling!

But the fun part of the day.... two of my greatest friends over here walked into my classroom with a bouquet of BEAUTIFUL flowers!! Angie and Elizabeth brought them to me, saying they came from Afghanistan! They picked out my absolute favorite flowers.... daisies, and in my favorite colors.... dark pink and white! Perfect!! It was a celebration that I made it through the school year! And a celebration it will be!! It's been a tough one!


Tomorrow should go fast, with an awards ceremony in the morning, a picnic for lunch, send the kids to specials, and then a few minutes before sending them home!! I think I can finish it off!! This year has definitely been driven by God. I certainly couldn't have pulled it off on my own. I'm so glad he's leading my life!

3 comments:

Keeley Barr said...

you are such an inspiration! no matter how bad of a year I have teaching I will remember you and everything you went through and how well you handled it all. thanks for being a great teacher- even for a fellow teacher :0) Enjoy your summer- you deserve it!

Mom said...

We are glad that God is leading your life too! You've been strong and have hung in there all year. Glad you could put it in God's hands and let Him take control.
Love you and can't wait to see you to give you a BIG hug.

Riya Joshi said...

Great and informative post. thank you for sharing this information with us. curtains in abu dhabi