Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekend with the Hudson's

I spent all of Memorial weekend with the three Hudson kids!! They come from an amazing family with wonderful parents! I was so excited to spend the weekend with the kids because I knew it would be fun! And I was right!! We had a great time.

I went to their house Friday after school. We played outside until the sun went down. Then it was supper, baths, and to bed. On Saturday, we went with my friends (Pettit's and Elizabeth) to the zoo in Nurnberg.



It was an absolutely beautiful day! We wondered around the zoo, looking at all the animals. It was a slow trip with the three little ones. They were very intrigued by the animals. Little Elisabeth had fun making animal sounds. Here we are looking at the penguins!


My head was constantly swivling to keep up with all of them. I need more practice!! I never lost any of them, so that was good!! But I couldn't have done it without help! Elisabeth liked to stop and look at the animals. I would look down and she wasn't beside me. Instead she was against a fence looking at the animals. The boys attached to Kyle, and Beth and Elizabeth helped count heads for me. I was grateful for their help!!

Best Buds... Kyle and William

Elizabeth with the kids
(Sorry Beth... I don't have a picture of you!)

On Sunday, we went to church and spent the rest of the day playing outside! It is so great that they have a nice place to play. I miss all that time spent outside. I can't do that where I live. And it reminded me how fun it is to be a kid again.... not caring how dirty you get or if you're sitting in wet grass. Such fun!!


On Monday, we took a lazy morning. At least the kids did. I was in the kitchen getting food ready. We went to a picnic to celebrate the day. The kids had fun playing with many other kids around. It definitely wore them out! But as soon as we got home, outside they went to play some more!

I learned a lot about parenting this weekend. John and Carolyn have trained their children really well. They are such great little ones! I hope Jay and I can be as great of parents as they are! The best part of the whole weekend... being able to do Elisabeth's hair. I had it in braids everyday. It is so long and beautiful! I can't wait to do that to my own little girl some day!! This was her Sunday morning do.


Elisabeth has this hanging on her wall in her room. It has her initial on the top and a long ribbon full of bows. I can't wait to decorate my little girl's hair with bows! Such fun!

4 comments:

Keeley Barr said...

AND they're the most ADORABLE kids ever!!!!

Mom said...

Ohhhhh, how I remember braiding long hair every day! Times three. Fun times! I hope you get your little girl with long hair some day. Will she be blonde or dark haired?

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

Ahh...how cute. They are some sweet kids! I am thankful you have no pictures of me, no hurt feelings here!!! Glad your weekend went well with them. And braiding hair does look like fun...maybe one day...

Riya Joshi said...

Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about curtain in abu dhabi