Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Weekend

I've been home for one weekend now and it was a great way to get myself back into the swing of things. On Saturday, I went to a flee market with my friends, Angie and Jon. I love looking at the old furniture. It's all so beautiful. I would love to buy a piece, but no place to put it in our house!! It's packed full already. I ended up buying one little thing. She'll know who it's for as soon as she sees it!


Later in the day, I went to post to do a 9-11 Remembrance Run. I was going to walk the 3K with a few other ladies, but ended up running the 5K with two of my middle school girls. I stopped to talk to another middle schooler that I went on Beach Break with since I hadn't seen him all summer. I wasn't too worried about my time, so I did some relationship building instead. I finally finished after 35 minutes! No pictures after running, which is good since I was all sweaty!!

I then went home and showered quickly to get ready for the Medieval Festival that was taking place downtown. I walked through the festival with some friends. There were many people dressed up in medieval outfits. There were several activities for kids and a band playing. It was neat to walk through there.


Then it was time to head to the bowling alley. There I met more friends for a fun evening. We had pizza and bowled two games. I was rather terrible at bowling. So bad that Jon beat me.... even though it was really Noah who was bowling for Jon.


But at least I had a good time socializing and holding baby James.


After bowling we went out for ice cream. No better way to end a great day than to eat ice cream! Spaghetti eis!! My favorite! By that time, I was ready to come and hit the couch!!

Today we had a shower for Angie and James. Such a celebration of life. James is such a sweet little guy! I'm glad he'll be sticking around so I can watch him grow up!! Elizabeth and I went together to get Angie and Jon this...


For James, these lovely bibs and burp clothes were made, thanks to my mamma!


Now I'm home and watching Arrested Development. Jay called on Friday to see if I had ever seen it. He has watched the first season. If I like it, he'll wait and watch the rest of it with me. If I don't like it, he'll keep watching it! We'll see the verdict is by the end of the evening.

Hope the weather holds out like this for awhile longer! It's been so beautiful!! Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

1. LOVE IT!
2. Too bad about Noah beating you at bowling. I guess being a bad bowler runs in the family.
3. James has tons of hair! Give him a faux hawk. :)
4. Good job with using the digital kits for the certificate. Much time can be spent/wasted on those things.
5. How come I haven't seen the material that is the 2nd on the left? I've seen the other 3.

:)

Riya Joshi said...

Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome. Curtain Makers abu dhabi

Risala Furniture said...

Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards vinyl flooring bathroom