Friday, December 17, 2010

Merry Christmas to All!

I know.... I'm a week early on wishing you all a Merry Christmas, but we head out tomorrow and won't be back until after Christmas. We are all packed and ready to head to Kenya and Tanzania on an African safari! Sounds pretty exciting (and scarey) doesn't it! I can't wait to get there and be in complete culture shock! We will definitely be the minority when it comes to skin color!

I am extremely nervous about our first day in Nairobi, the capital of Kenya. This city is not known to be very nice. Bag snatching, jewelry stealing, money taking are amoung the top things that happen to tourists. I just got done reading a site that said that bag snatching is very common, especially to new arriving tourists! Great, that will be us! And unfortunately, we arrive to the airport at 3:45 in the morning and don't meet up with our tour group until 6:00 at night. That means we have all day to figure out what to do. We certainly can't walk around town with all of our bags as that won't be safe at all. We are hoping to get into our hotel early, or at least be able to leave our bags there. We shall see! I already took off all my jewerly, so that won't be an issue. My fingers feel bare without my rings, but at least I know they'll be safe!

The rest of the trip.... traveling the game parks, sleeping with the animals, visiting the small villages.... I am so excited for!! It's pretty sad when I'm more nervous for the thiefs in the city instead of the wild animals in the parks!

I hope you all have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! Enjoy your time with your family and friends! Eat lots of yummy cookies and candy! I'm really going to miss that this year! Mom brought some over to us, but it was gone within a few days! I wish I could have some more! I guess I'll have to wait until next year! Enjoy the end of 2010!

Look again in the middle of next week. I'll be sure to have some pictures posted of all our animal friends!!

Until then, I'll leave you with a wintery picture. This can be your last memory of us in case we get eaten by a lion!!

7 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Oh Ginerd, please fight off the lion. I want to meet your giraffe! :)

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Oh, and I will take lots of pictures. I will also borrow a flip camera from work, and try to record some stuff so you guys can see the kids. :)

The Houstons said...

hey NOT funny....if you get gobbled up by lions...I'm coming to AFRICA myself to get you guys back! ;)

Mom said...

Be VERY safe! Watch your backs. I know you are going to enjoy the adventure. Take lots of pictures so we can see you with your giraffe.
Talk to you when you get home.
Love ya!

Riya Joshi said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info. Carpet Tiles Abu Dhabi

Riya Joshi said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info. Carpet Tiles in Abu Dhabi

Risala Furniture said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
furniture polishing services abu dhabi