Thursday, December 2, 2010

Spending the Day with Noah

I got to spend the day wtih Noah yesterday while mommy and daddy were busy elsewhere. He came at 7:00 in the morning and played hard all morning! While drinking hot chocolate and singing Christmas songs, we put together a wreath using Noah's hands. When Jay came home, he laughed at me because he realized it was really more of a project for me more than Noah. Other than tracing Noah's hands, he wasn't too excited about it. I guess it was a bit too difficult for him to cut. Maybe next year!


Once we finished with the wreath, we moved on to building a gingerbread house. I was the builder and Noah was the decorator. I put all the walls together while Noah unwrapped the candy. He did sneak a few pieces into his mouth, but I pretended not to see. I then slapped a bunch of frosting on the roof so Noah could put the candy on. I let him put it on however he wanted. I was really impressed with his designing. He used starbursts for the shingles and even put them in rows.

Here he is in full concentration while putting the candy on. I couldn't help but laugh at the determination in his eyes. It was so important to him! I loved it!




Another funny part was that Noah would "accidently" bump his finger into the frosting while putting on a piece of candy. He would say "uh oh", would then lick his finger, then say "yummm." He said this everytime and I think I giggled everytime. I know I wasn't helping the cause, but it was just too cute!!

By the end of our building, I think he had more frosting on his face than got in his mouth!!

Here is our final product... full with house, sidewalk, Christmas tree, and a fishing pond!

Once we finished the gingerbread house, we played in the laundry that I was trying to fold. I had three sets of sheets that I needed to get put away. I think it took me about an hour to get my laundry done because I had a little boy wrapped up in the sheets. But we had lots of fun playing!! After lunch, Noah crashed pretty hard. It wasn't difficult for me to tell when it was nap time.

Later in the afternoon I had basketball practice and Noah came with me. Jay met me there and played with Noah while I was coaching. They had fun rolling the ball back and forth and shooting a couple hoops!

Then mommy and daddy wanted him back! But we sure did have a great day together! I'm glad we could help out and have fun at the same time!

5 comments:

Mom said...

That's adorable! Good job Noah!
I wish I could play with him again and hold James too.

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Fabulous crafts! Where do you come up with these great ideas?? ;)
And I'm so glad I finally got to meet this little dude. He's a fun one!

The Houstons said...

seriously...you guys bless US more than you know. Thank you so very much for loving our son and being such a wonderful friend! :) Thanks for posting the pictures of the FULL house...ours looks shabby and sparse...bc someone in MY house keeps nibbling...and I don't think we have mice! ;)

Riya Joshi said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info. Carpet Tile Companies

Risala Furniture said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
doors and frames dubai