Sunday, May 22, 2011

Night at the Oscars

Well folks.... it's finally over! Many months of hard work all paid off! Last night was the Schweinfurt Garrison and Community Ball. It was a great time!! The theme for the night was a "Night at the Oscars". We had a red carpet, sidewalk of fame, a big Hollywood sign, and many other decorations to set the mood. We had a fantastic turn out and had to set up two more tables before we ate. What a great problem to have!

Jay and I spent all day at the Mercure setting up. We had a lot of things to build and place. I finally left at 4:00 to come home and shower. Jay came home about 4:20. We were both dressed and back in the car by 5:00 to head back to the Mercure. I left with a wet head, but it all worked. Once we got there, we finished setting up, turned all the candles on, and made sure everything was ready to go. We spent the past month making most of the decorations. We didn't have much money to work with, so lots of handmade things this year. We cut out nearly two hundred stars when all was said and done. But it all still looked good!

This was out in the entryway, before going into the dance hall. you can see the walk of fame. A red carpet ran down it, but you can't really see that. The Hollywood sign is 8 feet long and hanging from the second story. It was to help set the mood as soon as people walked in the door.

 I forgot to take a picture before the table was all messed up, but you can still get an idea of the centerpiece!

It was a great night of being with our friends! I really didn't see much of Jay. He was running around with his head cut off! He was the MC for the night, so didn't really sit with us. I'm glad I had other people to be with. Instead of having a speaker this year, we played a trivia game. We had 20 trivia questions about movies along with 20 movie clips. Everyone guessed the answers and we totaled the points. The winning table earned themselves an oscar trophy! I nearly crashed in the middle of the evening, but got another burst of energy at the end! We had a great time dancing all night. A lot of great songs were played. Especially toward the end of the night, I was having a lot of fun on the dance floor!

Here I am with my date! I didn't see him too much more than this!! If I wanted to dance with him I had to force him to slow down!!! I held on tight to him while dancing, otherwise he would have ran away, not because he didn't want to dance, but because he wanted to make sure everything was going well.

Being the MC

Overall, it was so much fun! But I'm also so glad it's over! We put a lot of time and energy to make it a perfect night! I sure hope everyone had a lot of fun!

This is me with my second wind of energy! It was close to midnight around this point!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Love your dress!

Mom said...

Looks good! I especially like all the personalized stars...bet that took some time to do all of them. Glad it was a successful party. You make a nice looking couple!

Becky Bartlett said...

Looks like a fun night... and your dress was beautiful!!

shane and jackee said...

Great pictures! Loved your dress! :)

sisalrugs said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
INTERIORS ABU DHABI

john narula said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
custom made headboards abu dhabi