Sunday, May 15, 2011

Super Saturday

This weekend flew by oh too fast!! I'll break it up so you don't have to read so much! Saturday will be enough for this post! You'll get Sunday's review soon.

Saturday morning I woke up early and was on the ball diamond by 8:00. We played a double header starting at 9:00. We won the first game 11-9 and then won the second game 15-8. I was so nervous about my girls at the beginning of the season, but they are really pulling it together. I had so many new girls this year so we've had to start from the beginning. The first two weeks of practice were all fundamentals. For example, I would tell the girls to run once they hit the ball. One of them asked me where she was supposed to run to. I had to continually remind myself to stay simple! Nonetheless, they have improved a great deal in the past month. It's been so fun to watch them grow. We have two more games left this season! I hope we can pull them off with two more wins!

We finished our games up by 1:00 in the afternoon. After that I brought two girls home with me to get ready for the middle school formal that night. I did both of their hair for them. I've never done hair like theirs, so it was interesting. They were both pretty cute by the end.

During...

 The final products, even though you can't really see them. I wish I had a before picture. Especially of the lion's mane... (yes Mia, that would be you!)

After dropping them off at their houses, I quickly drove back home, jumped in the shower, and was out the door 30 minutes later. I left again with a wet head to go to the dance. The theme of the dance was a Masquerade. Almost everyone had masks on. Everyone looked so great! We had a good time standing around and watching all the kids. I danced my way around a few times. I love the group of sixth grade girls this year, so had fun with them.


Jay being bored before people really began dancing!

By the time we got out of there at 11:30 we were pretty tired. We crashed quickly once we got home!

It was a fun day full of middle school girls! I sure do love my sixth graders! I love how much fun they are, I love all their giggles, I love their innocense!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh...the JOY of girls!
I am sure glad I had three of them!

sisalrugs said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
interiors company in dubai

john narula said...


Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
custom made sofa abu dhabi