Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

I know we're jumping the gun a bit, but Jay and I went out and bought our Christmas tree tonight. There is only one place for us to get a fake one, and we didn't want to chance them running out... which will most likely happen. After lots of debating and picturing what it would look like in the apartment, we decided on the biggest one. We came home and couldn't wait to put it up, SO WE DID!!! The tree ended up being a lot bigger than we thought. It touches the ceiling, so we had to bend a few of the top branches down. Nonetheless, it's perfect!! We wrapped ribbon around it and put our ornaments on. We looked at buying lights, but one strand was $18, so we decided we could do without. Then I found one strand in my box of Christmas decorations. It wouldn't go around the whole tree, so we wrapped it just in the front. It's very sparse, but it still looks good. We still have a few more things to put on it, and then it will be perfect.

Jay putting the top on

The finished product

With red ribbon

With everything, lights and all


We also put our nativity scene up. I absolutely love my WillowTrees. This is the first time I have had the entire set out at once. I had it up last year, but was missing a few pieces. It's perfect!!

2 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

The tree looks very nice guys! I can't wait for you to get back and spend Christmas in Iowa....with ME!!!! :)
Mom and I are hoping to begin decorating on Friday or Saturday. We'll have to wait to see what works out.
See you in less than 1 month!

Joleen said...

Looks like you are ready for Christmas,
Bet your apt looks GREAT!