Monday, November 17, 2008

A Sweet Birthday

I turned 24th yesterday and celebrated in the best possible way. We stayed home the entire weekend and simply enjoyed each other. We have been running so hard lately that we haven't had any down time. All week I was looking forward to a quiet weekend. We slept in on Saturday morning, had pancakes, and bummed around. In the evening we went on post to eat a Thanksgiving dinner put on by the teens. Then we went to our friend's house to play our new favorite game. On Sunday, we went to church in the morning and then had dinner at different friends' house. We stayed there all afternoon and talked. They gave me a bouquet of flowers for my birthday to bring home also. After we got home, I opened my presents from Jay. He got me candle holders that match our lamps perfectly, a sweatshirt from Ireland, and gummies!!! It was all great!! We then played a game of Life, which Jay killed me in. For supper we had frozen pizza and watched a movie. For dessert, we had extra large pieces of confetti cake (my favorite... thanks Erica) that JAY MADE in the morning!! He had some supervison, but did a marvelous job!! It tasted wonderful!!

I know it probably doesn't sound like the most exciting birthday, but I tell you what... being able to be with Jay was simply all I needed. If the Army has taught me one thing, I have quickly learned to cherish every moment I get with my man. Jay was gone for my birthday last year and will be deployed next year, so I took in all that I could. Him being by my side all day was the best birthday present I could ever ask for! God truely blessed me!

My presents from Jay
Flowers from Bill and Marcia
Jay's first cake!!

4 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

All right! More candle holders for the 100 candles you have! :)

But you forgot to add that you got to talk to your favorite 'little' sister!

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Also...is this the correct layout you were wanting?

J-D-K-G said...

Gina-Happy late birthday! I think it sounds like a great way to spend a weekend! Your joys in the simple things in life are a good reminder for us all. Miss you dear friend!

Risala Furniture said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
roller blinds Abu dhabi