Thursday, December 18, 2008

Busy Season

It's been mighty busy around here as the year comes to a close. Jay has spent many hours in the office trying to get paperwork done before we leave. He spent three days jumping at the beginning of the week, so is trying to play catch up. I've been at school everyday and have had something going on everynight. By the time I get home around 7 or 8 and Jay pulls in around 8 or 9, we have enough energy to through some food down and go to bed. Then the alarm goes off at 3 or 4 in the morning and we do it all over again. We are really looking forward to our break. I'm really looking to seeing my husband more than a half hour each day! We haven't spent much time together this week, but I'm still so thankful he's home. Knowing he's beside me while sleeping is quite a comforting feeling. I won't have that for much longer, so I'm really taking it in!

That's my attitude this Christmas season. I am trying really hard to appreciate absolutely everything that we're doing, knowing that next Christmas will be completely different. Who knew that sitting next to Jay in our rocking chairs, watching an episode of Home Improvement would be something I really enjoy. I tell ya what, God has really shown me how to appreciate life and what He all gives us, epecially knowing that it won't be there for long. I encourage you to take this attitude this season. Christmas can be such a stressful time with the crowds, traffic, lack of money, so many things to do... Nonetheless, we need to remember the true meaning of Christmas and be thankful for what God has blessed us with. Enjoy every second you spend with your family and friends. I know I will! I can't wait to be with them!! 3 More Days!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to have you home!
We are counting the days!

J-D-K-G said...

Gina and Jay! Have a wonderful time back in Iowa!!! Love your attitude, Gina-keep up that spirit and way of thinking.

Risala Furniture said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
area rugs abu dhabi