Tuesday, December 9, 2008

In the Spirit

I have definitely been in the Christmas spirit lately. One way I've been getting ready for Christmas is by being extremely busy. I've been working at school every day lately and am trying to buy gifts and get things ready to be taken home. We all know the Christmas season seems to make us busier. Don't know why, but it sure is true. Also the lights around town have been fun to look at. The lights here aren't as neat as Iowa, but I still enjoy looking at them. Another way I've been preparing is by listening to Christmas music. I don't have any of my Christmas cd's with me, so I've had to check a few out from the library. I've also been very thankful for KNWS online. I have my computer playing all the time. It just makes me feel so warm inside.

My number one reason for being excited for Christmas (other than the obvious birth of our Savior) is being able to go home and see my family! I can't wait to spend a week with everyone. I know it is going to fly by, but I will be savoring every second of it. I am also excited to go to Church of Promise for Christmas Eve service. I also love a candle lit service, that tells the real Christmas story, and involves the usual Christmas hymms. And I get to see my chruch family again. I love them all so much! Oh my! I can't wait!!

We have added a few more decorations to our home.
This is our Jesse Tree. We put an ornament on each day. The ornament goes with a story from the Bible. We started it on the 1st of the month and it goes up until Christmas day.


This is the vase we bought in Prague. Jay filled it with red and silver bulbs.


This was my Cav Coffee Group Christmas Party.

2 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

The vase looks good! When you come back, you'll have to find things to put in it the rest of the year. And explain this Jesse tree a little more. It sounds interesting.

Risala Furniture said...

Great and informative post. thank you for sharing this information with us. axminster carpets abu dhabi