Monday, November 16, 2009

Best Birthday for one reason!

It's only 7:30 and I'm already in my pj's, watching one of my favorite movies. Jay's asleep on the couch, and all is well. Not a very exciting night you might think.... true, but I wouldn't ask for anything more. All I want to do is stay close to my husband, reminding myself how lucky I am to have him home with me today! That's my one reason for this being such a great birthday!

He brought me lunch at school today! I had a short break between all of my conferences. He called me and told me to come out to the parking lot. He had made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! They were terrific! When he got home tonight, he helped me make my favorite meal, spaghetti and garlic bread!! It was delicious! I am stuffed, but can't wait for cake and ice cream! One of my little boys brought me a cake at school today when his family came for conferences. I remember him asking me what my favorite dessert was on Friday at school, and today they showed up with it! They made a white cake with white frosting and sprinkles! It's so perfect and I bet it tastes wonderful!! Such a sweet family!

Not too much else happening around here! We are going out to eat with some friends tomorrow night, so we'll play lazy tonight! We're getting old, so can only be active one night a week!

In my chair for the night, with my plate of spaghetti and one of my favorite movies, The Holiday!

6 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Wow. What a thoughtful little boy. Glad to hear there are some good kids in your classroom.

Keeley Barr said...

One of my favorites as well!! Funny- my husband crashed out on the couch at about 8:30 as well! Silly Army Boys. Btw I forgot to tell you how great you looked today- loved that outfit!!

Mom said...

Glad you had a great birthday with Jay. We sure thought about you here. 25 years ago, I was laying around all day too. :)

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

Dressed to Impress! I love your outfit, you look so pretty. I am so glad you got the perfect birthday present. AND A CAKE...what a great kiddo. Gunnar is finally feeling better, so hopefully we get to see you tomorrow!

J-D-K-G said...

Sounds like a great birthday, Gina!

Risala Furniture said...

Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards cheap furniture upholstery Dubai