Friday, November 13, 2009

Celebrating an Early Birthday

Because we have no idea what's happening in the next week, we decided to celebrate my birthday early this year. Jay surprised me when I got home from school one day. He had the stairwell decorated with streamers and balloons along with the rest of the house! Of course they were all pink and orange! He also had my favorite flowers sitting in the middle of the table, gerbera daisies! What a sweet guy he is!


Once I walked in the doorway, Jay was real excited to show me the cake! He took me by the hand and pulled me into the dining room, where I was handed a box..... Yup, it was the box of cake mix! He said he wanted to make it, but was too scared. He wasn't sure which recipe to use on the back of the box (whole egg or just egg whites) and he didn't want to mess with our oven. Our oven is very goofy and I usually have to fidget with temperatures and times, so I can't blame him for that. It was the thought that counts though! He wanted to have the cake all done for me! Maybe that's something we'll do together this weekend!!

He then had me open some presents he got for me, which he shouldn't have. We bought so many new things lately, esepcially coming off our Poland trip. But I guess he had these things way before the trip! I received several new clothing items. I'm really excited to wear them all! I'm going to be looking pretty fancy!! I'll have to wear my new skirt that he gave me to conferences on Monday, along with the new boots he got me for Christmas!

The rest of the evening was spent relaxing with my hubby. Nothing at all will ever beat that, no matter how many new outfits he buys me! I will take time with him any day over gifts! For sure!!! I had made steak and potatoes for him as one of his favorite meals. It worked great for a birthday meal and was delicious! Instead of eating cake, we had a butterscotch pudding pie that I already had in the fridge! It was such a perfect night! I hope to do it all again on Monday, except for the gifts. No more of those please!!!! I'll just take the together time!!

1 comment:

Risala Furniture said...

Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards couch upholstery Dubai