Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weekend in Poland!

We took a weekend trip to Poland as our last hurray! I keep thinking every trip is going to be our last, but finally, this will probably be it. It was an absolutely, positively wonderful trip, so I'll accept it as our last.

We headed out after school on Friday afternoon. It was supposed to be a 4.5 hour drive, but turned out to be quite a bit longer because of piled up traffic. Thankfully we weren't in a huge hurry. We pulled into the hotel around 9:45 and had to be checked in by 10:00. As we were getting out, Jay asked if I had my suitcase. No... as I was still sitting in the front seat. We quickly realized that my suitcase was still sitting at home. Oops!!! I seem to be the one that always makes the trips interesting. I don't know why I would ever have a trip with no extra drama. That's just no fun!!! Leaving computers in the airport, forgetting my luggage, makes for great memories!! At the time, I was pretty bummed! As soon as we got to the room, I layed down and was out. By morning, it was pretty funny though. I threw the covered off me, got out of bed, and said I was ready to go shopping!!! I didn't have to change my clothes, had no toothbrush or paste to brush my teeth, no comb to fix my hair. I couldn't do anything, so might as well head out to shop!

We spent all day shopping for pottery. We looked around at several places before actually making any purchases. I really wanted to buy a plate set this time. I looked at them last time, but decided not to without Jay's opinion. We had the patterns picked down to three and priced each of them. they all turned out to be way more than we were anticipating. So... after a lot of thinking and discussing, we decided not to buy a setting. Instead, we went with the serving items. I got a big bowl, two little bowls, a 9x13 with handles, and an 8x10. Now I want to cook and serve to company so I can use all my new items!! Jay told me they'll be my Christmas presents for next year! I'm ok with that!! This is the pattern that all of serving pieces are in.

The rest of the evening we spent hanging out together in the hotel. We played scrabble, had supper, watched a movie, simply relaxed!!! Jay has a hard time relaxing, but I think he enjoyed it a lot. It was so nice to be together and not doing something. We fell asleep quite early, but it was such a perfect night!

This morning, we wanted to sleep in, but had breakfast at 8:00. We went down, ate breakfast, then went back to the room and fell back asleep. We both woke up at 10:00! Didn't mean to sleep that long, but sure felt good! Then it was time for the long drive home! It was a good ride though. We talked about lots of things we needed to figure out for the next year!

All in all, this weekend was wonderful. I wish I could have it all over again!!! I sure am going to miss weekends like this, hanging out with my husband, enjoying every moment of life!
We went to a glass blowing place and looked around his shop. This was one of our favorite pieces!

This pottery shop really catered to Americans, and especially the military (that's because all the military wives come on trips for shopping!) They had several items on teh Iraq war.

A pottery tree, outside one of the stores.

2 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Next time, I want one of those huge tea cups. They look like lots of fun. Forget using two fingers to drink out of. Need at least 2 hands if not 2 people to hold it. :)

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Orchard Hill Church!! Please send me your e-mail address as I would like to send you some information about Ben and Liz Patterson and the four kids they are adopting from Poland.

Jane Eilderts