Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving...early!!

This afternoon, Jay and I went to a big Thanksgiving feast with all of our Bible study friends! There were over 40 of us there and we had tons of food and lots of fellowship. I made cheesey potatoes and rolls to take along. I was really excited to use my new pottery for the potatoes. It worked out great! Everyone brought a dish to share and we filled a table with food, literally! We had to have a whole other area for desserts and drinks! Definitely a lot of options!! We grabbed a plate and started heading through the line. Half way through, I had only a couple of things on my plate and Jay's was already covered. He asked if he could use the other half of my plate because he wanted to try everything! Everything I ate was great! Jay made a lot of oohing and ahhing sounds, so I think he was satisfied too!! His favorite was a sweet potato casserol that Angie made. I'll have to get the recipe from her since he liked it so much!! Those few bites earned several noises coming from Jay!!

After everyone finished up eating, we played several rounds of Apples to Apples. It was fun to play with such a big group. I never won, but still enjoyed it. The last two rounds I was quite sidetracked as I was holding little Loralynn. She was much more enjoyable than the game!!

Now we're home, our bellies are STUFFED, and we hit our chairs. I don't plan on moving until I head to bed!! It's resting time!

Here is what the table looked like after all the food was gone. I forgot to take pictures before, so you can see what big pigs we all are!! This table was completely loaded about an hour before this picture!

There were tons of desserts and all were delicious, but this was definitely the cutest! Angie made turkeys out of cupcakes and nutter butters! How clever!

Last year, Jay and I attended at least three different Thanksgiving meals. This year... this was it. So we ate lots of things that we have only at Thanksgiving! We probably won't get it next year, so we savored every last bite!

2 comments:

The Houstons said...

teehehehehe! Im so glad he liked the sweet potatoes..it must be a guy thing..they are Jon's favorite too. You will get the recipe from me:) Man...Im just glad you have more time than you thought with Jay! Hopefully our boys can hang out before he leaves!

Risala Furniture said...

Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards couch reupholstery near me Dubai