Monday, November 23, 2009

The past few days

That past few days have been quite a whirl wind around here! Friday night we spent together like we always do. We had chili for supper, which was the last meal on Jay's list that he asked for. Then we watched 24 like we always do. Jay spent quite awhile packing up and cleaning out. I sat and watched and helped shove the bags full. As I was getting ready for bed, Jay was taking pictures like crazy. He said he wanted to remember everything I did while he was gone. He even took pictures of me sleeping on the couch! We finally decided to go to bed at midnight, otherwise, the night would have drug on forever!! Five hours later left like only a few seconds!

In case all of you also want to remember me brushing my teeth!!

We were on post for awhile in the morning before heading out. I was numb by this point. No tears, so sad face! We were having a good time standing around and talking. You would have never guessed what was happening in a few hours after that. We said a prayer and off he went to the bus. Watching him walk away toward the bus was the only time I cried the whole morning!! Jay was proud of me! I kept saying "I'm strong" and then would growl!!! My way of keeping it all in!

Jay with one of his four bags!! There is no way I would have been able to lift it all! I think it probably weighed more than I did!

Almost time to head out! Big smiles from both of us and no red eyes from crying! We know this deployment will go fast! Jay is excited to get there and get settled. I have plenty to do back here with school. My little kids are keeping my as busy as a beaver.

I can't wait to hear that he is all settled in. I've received a couple updates, so am glad for that.

One way of keeping positive is to keep looking forward to the next month. I am so excited to go home for Christmas. In one month from today, I'll be sleeping in my bed from back home and waking up to my family!! I can't wait to eat my mom's homemade candy and cookies. I can't wait to see the Christmas tree and go to church and sing Christmas carols. So many wonderful things to be thankful for this holiday season! I sure wish Jay could be with me, but sooner than I know, he'll be back!

6 comments:

Mom said...

The Christmas candy and cookies have been started and are waiting for a taste tester.
So glad to hear your GREAT attitude. Next Christmas, you will wonder where the past year went.
Can't wait to have you HOME!
Love ya!

J-D-K-G said...

Praying for you, Miss Gina.

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

I like your attitude! Hope your weekend with all the kiddos went well too!

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Can't wait to see you too! It's gonna be a busy, but fun time.

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Also wondering....where did you get the LittleMissMatched pjs?? NICE!

Risala Furniture said...

Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards best upholstery Dubai