Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Surprise for Jay

Wednesday nights are usually spent at Bible study. But because today is a holiday, we didn't have it. Last night while Jay and I were talking, he said he wanted to tell everyone good-bye at Bible study tonight. I reminded him that we don't have it. That didn't make him very happy because he wasn't sure if he would see most of our friends again. He decided to call a couple friends of ours to see if they wanted to go out to eat tonight. He wanted to be sure and tell them good-bye. They were up for it, so we had it set that we would go out tonight.
This morning, I decided to surprise him with a little more. I sent out a text message and an email to a lot of our friends, asking them to come join us for supper tonight. I said it would be a last good-bye for Jay and to come wish him well. I had our friend Elizabeth go a little early to make sure they were ready for us. I asked her to have 12-14 seats ready for us.

We walked into the restaurant (our favorite place) and were surprised (especially Jay) to see 25 smiling faces that we all knew! Jay was shocked!! He was not expecting it at all. He really enjoyed getting to talk to everyone and see all our friends one last time.
All the people who came out to join us!









God has really blessed us with an amazing group of friends over here in Germany. Living here would be a lot harder if we didn't have this support group. All of these people mean a lot to us. I'm glad I'll have them to lean on during the next year!
Thanks all who came our to support Jay and the other guys who are leaving! It was so wonderful to see you there and really meant a lot to us!

2 comments:

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

I'm sad we missed this. It looks like Jay had a great time!

Keeley Barr said...

Aw I'm glad it turned out so well!! I saw the message on facebook but since we've never met Jay I thought that'd be a little weird! Although I feel like I know him from your blog!!! He'll be in our prayers this next year :-)