Saturday, March 6, 2010

CAV Fun Run

Most people would say that the words "fun" and "run" don't go together and normally I would agree to that. But this morning, the CAV hosted a 3K and a 5K run. I thought I would go out and show my support. When I woke up this morning and looked out the window, I saw nothing but white. Over night, a lovely two inches of snow fell. I bundled myself up and headed out! It actually wasn't all that cold outside.

Most of the ladies were going to walk through the race, instead of run. At the start of the race, I walked with the ladies for the first 100 meters, but then decided that this was going to be too slow for me. So, I took off and ran the rest of the race by myself. I ended up doing only the 3K, so it wasn't all that long. I didn't want to push my lungs too far in the cold weather. I was the first one to the finish line, but that wasn't too big of an accomplishment. Our commander came in 100 meters behind me and he ran the 5K. After I finished, I wished I would have kept going. I think I could have handled it. Ohs wells! I can do that on my own!

Here are a few of us after the race.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds like fun on a snowy morning!

Riya Joshi said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info easy blinds abu dhabi