Sunday, March 7, 2010

Girls Afternoon

Today was a lazy day, an afternoon of only girls! My friends Elizabeth and Angie decided that we all needed some time off. So, they planned an afternoon when no work could be done, but only time to enjoy each other's company. And that is exactly what we did.

Starting with drinks and TONS of food led to REALLY full tummies. After that, we were all so full that we jusy layed around and chatted.
It was called a sunrise, orange juice and cherry syrup... very tasty!

I made the monkey bread in the middle of the table and the cake balls in the bottom left hand corner. First time I tried making them and I would say it was successful.

The rest of the afternoon... more laying around and chatting. We did muster up enough energy to paint nails and Heidi gave us all hand massages. But, that was the extent of the fun! I haven't painted my nails since.... I don't even remember when. I was reluctant to do it, but I did. I started with red, but it was way too bright for me. I took that off and tried a dark plum. It was pretty and lasted about 3 hours on my nails. Then I had had enough. That came off and clear went on. I attempted to be girl, but it just didn't work!
Crystal, Angie, and Elizabeth

We didn't need to do anything else as I was enjoying doing nothing. That RARELY happens these days. I couldn't help but think about the lesson plans I needed to write yet for school this week, but I kept pushing those thoughts aside. As I left Elizabeth's house at 8:00 in the evening, going to school did not sound like fun. So I decided I would wake up early and head in to prepare myself. I sure hope I have enough time!!
Thanks ladies for making me relax. I really appreciate you throwing this little get together! It was a perfect Sunday afternoon!! You are all such terrific friends!

3 comments:

Mom said...

We are so glad you have such great friends to enjoy a Sunday afternoon with.

Keeley Barr said...

That does sound wonderful!! So would you mind sharing the recipe for the desert you brought to bible study last week?? There was also something you made several weeks ago that was amazing...something with chocolate and peanut butter- cut into squares?? I don't know but you're an amazing desert chef!!

Riya Joshi said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me. easy blinds abu dhabi