Saturday, January 29, 2011

Lots of Random Stories

I've been collecting small (sometimes silly) stories the past couple of weeks. I haven't taken the time to put them up, so today you get them all at once....

BUILDING AT ELIZABETH'S HOUSE
Two weekends ago, Jay and I went up to England to visit Elizabeth. She had some plans to take us to a couple of neat towns around her. On Saturday morning when we woke up, we heard the wind howling and noticed the sideways angle of the rain. Not such a great day to be outdoors. Instead, we decided to stay inside and help Elizabeth get her bedroom set up. Really.... Jay did most of the work and Elizabeth and I played games or talked.



We did help out some though!


CLEANING THE SHOWER
Our shower is about one meter by one meter..... not very big!! Mix that with the extremely hard water in Germany that quickly creates not such a clean shower, and you've got a problem!! I have to clean the shower often to stay ahead of the black stuff that grows in it! I have found that the easiest way to clean it is by cleaning while in the shower. I haven't figured out a better way to clean the inside of the door. Nonetheless..... I was cleaning the shower earlier this week and went to stand up. I hit my head on the handle that turns the shower on. After my head stopped spinning and I got out of the shower, I noticed a massive egg on top of my head. I thought I could shake it off, but it didn't stop hurting after quick awhile. So, I sat in my chair with a bag of corn on my head. Jay got a kick out of it and thought it was picture worthy. It took several days for the bump to go down, which made it difficult to do my hair. I still have a bruise, but no bump anymore, thankfully!


HAIL AND FAREWELL
Last night we had a Hail and Farewell with our squadron. To those that don't know what it is, you hail the new people to the squardon and you farewell those that are leaving. We are leaving and really excited!! Jay switches over to the garrison after next week! He has already been doing some work for them, but we will finally officially be moved over.

Here is what both of us received last night...




A SPECIAL TREAT
This morning Jay and I had some time to ourselves. We slept in and then headed to the PX. They were having a sale on winter clothes and shoes. Jay was hoping to get a pair of running shoes. Unfortunately they weren't on sale. We then headed to the commissary to put up a couple of things. We ended up coming out with four donuts that weren't on the list! It is a rare occcasion that we get donuts, but we sure enjoyed them!



KEYS TO MY CLASSROOM
Yesterday I was given keys to my new classroom in the middle school. I have been hired to teach 6th grade math, a class of 8th grade math, and an applied science class. I have never taught in the middle school and really haven't even thought about it. But when this opportunity came up, I couldn't pass it up! I will be finishing up this school year full time. I'm really excited to get started! I can't get into the room until tomorrow because the old teacher is still moving out. Nonetheless, I have the text books. So today I will start making some lesson plans.

2 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

What are the socks you have on at Elizabeth's house? I haven't seen those before if they are LittleMissMatched.

Glad to hear your head is ok now. Be more careful next time! I think I whacked my arm on the handle or something when I was there, and that hurt.

Yeah for 'leaving'. I'll be even happier when you really do leave! At least we will be in the same country! :)

I think the last time I had a donut was in Europe! I think it's time to go to the farm, and have dad get some from LPC! Want me to send you some of those?

Good luck getting everything planned for your first few days of school. Hopefully all the boys will cooperate and let you get some work done.

:)

Riya Joshi said...

Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about shaggy white rug