Sunday, January 11, 2009

Empty Nest

It's Sunday afternoon and Jay's gone. He left today for 5 weeks of Mortar School in Vilseck, Germany. He's hoping to be able to come home on the weekends. I'm sure hoping so!! It's only been three hours and I already miss him!!

Something I learned... life isn't about having the cleanest house or making a full course meal everyday. It's about being with the people you love most. When Jay and I started our life together here in Germany, I was bothered by the towels left on the floor and the piles of clothes left in the bedroom. Instead of being mad about it, I realized I should be thankful for the wet towel on the floor because that means Jay is home. (He's good about his towels now!!)
This morning, Jay had all of his stuff in the hallway that had to go with him. We could barely walk through the hallway without walking on clothes.

But now he's gone, the hallway is clean, and I miss him! I would rather have the hallway be a mess!! (Of course this is all in perspective. I still want my house clean AND have Jay home!!)

1 comment:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

What does it mean when my place is a mess and it's only me living there? Maybe I should leave and the mess will clean itself up! :)
Hope you didn't have too crazy of a day today.