Thursday, January 1, 2009

What a Wonderful Christmas

We had quite a wonderful Christmas this year. We went back to Iowa for a week to spend time with our family and friends. The time definitely went too fast, but we enjoyed every second of it! We spent four nights with each family, playing games, talking, watching Christmas movies, and simply taking it all in. Here are a few pictures from my house.

Opening presents on Christmas morning

Playing Catan with my brother and sisters
(Dad was trying to figure it out)

On one of the last days we were home, I had five friends come down from my school last year. They came for dinner and spent the afternoon with us. We had a great time and I am so glad they made the long drive down. This is the first day of our trip that I realized that we have to say goodbye to everyone again. That's the one bad thing about going home... we have to go through the dreaded goodbyes.
On the morning that we were leaving, my sister had to head back to work early. She was the first to go and started the tears for us all. I love you Nicole!! I was doing good on the drive to the airport and even at the airport, until they announced that our plane had arrived. Then again I realized that I had to leave. I know I'm supposed to be a grown up now, but I sure do miss my mom and dad. I had a tough time letting them go. I definitely couldn't handle living this far away from them my whole life. These three years is hard enough. I love you mom and dad!!!
Nonetheless, we are so glad we had the opportunity to go home. It will be two years before Jay goes home because he will be deployed next Christmas. I plan on making a trip on my own before then, but I sure wish Jay could come. We don't regret anything we did last week. It was so great and I wish we could do it all again! We are so blessed to have the family and friends that we do! Thanks everyone for making our week so wonderful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you already!
Sure did enoy having you home and can't wait for next time.
We love you SO MUCH!
Mom & Dad

Risala Furniture said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.abu dhabi carpet factory