Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kindness goes a Long Ways

I was shown today that a little kindness really does go a long way. I had lunch with a friend of mine and she was telling me about a situation in a different troop. A husband asked his wife to come pick him up when he got back to post from being in Italy. The wife doesn't have a license, so can't drive. The husband didn't care and said to come anyway. If the wife got caught, she would lose her Army ID and sent back to the states. So, she called her FRG leader for a ride. Her leader said her job isn't to be a taxi company. This is true, but we are supposed to help in finding rides for people. The lady must have gotten mad since she wasn't getting any help. I guess this couple is having some major problems between the two of them. Anyway.... as I was driving home, I received a call from a lady in my Bible study. She needed a ride tonight, so I said sure. Then she asked if she could tell me something. I said sure, I would listen. She explained the exact same situation to me, but from her point of view. This was the lady that my friend was talking about. How crazy!!! So... I figured I would help her out of a jam this one time and I said I would take her to pick her husband up. It's going to be late on Saturday night, but she needed to see Christ at work. This lady needs a lot of prayer as her marriage if rough and she doesn't have many friends. I know as an FRG leader we're not supposed to fall to people's needs, but there are times when I feel that Christ wants us to show his love. I found that very apparent today!

Another example... The another FRG leader and myself have been working to get our bank accounts switched. It takes a lot of people to sign papers, write memos and ok the situtation. We have been into a lady's office several times trying to get this stuff figured out. This lady is usually not a very nice lady. People hate going in there because she is very harsh with them. I had to go in today because she messed our paper work up. The other FRG leader was in yesterday and ended up having a yelling match with her. I went in today and we did just fine together. She fixed all my paperwork and got everything ready to go for me. She said she would turn it in and let me know when she gets it back. I even got a smile!! Once again... give a little kindness and you get some back!!

2 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Yeah sister! Way to show God's love to others, in such simple and easy ways.

Risala Furniture said...

Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about carpet mats In abu dhabi