Saturday, January 17, 2009

Food Creations

It's been a long Saturday as Jay's been sitting at the table the entire day studying for his test on Tuesday. He came home Thursday night from his class to spend the weekend with me. I worked at school on Friday, so he spent the whole day studying. I came home and colored a picture because I couldn't do much else. I had to be quiet for Jay. He got tired of studying by 7:00, so we watched Happy Feet. It's a pretty cute movie. When Jay's laying in bed, he always rubs his feet together; he does it without even thinking about it. I always tell him he has happy feet.
Jay busy studying!


We slept in this morning (which was absolutely wonderful). As soon as we got up, Jay hit the table again and has been studying the entire day. He took a break to run to the grocery store with me, but that's about it. In the mean time, I had fun looking through cook books all day. I'm trying to brainstorm more things to make with meat, especially hamburger. I was also looking for a healthy dessert that I have to take to my coffee group this week. I found a few options, just need to decide on one. I've spent the past several hours in the kitchen making interesting concoctions. I made a spaghetti pie and a butter cake. We had the spaghetti pie for supper and it actually tasted really good. I was impressed. I think Jay was a little nervous to eat it, but he's surviving. I frosted the cake in blue frosting, thanks to Jay's suggestion. We'll eat that later tonight. I'm anxious to see what it tastes like. I love cooking random things. I just wish I had more people to feed. My spaghetti pie was enough to feed at least 8 people. I put most of it in the freezer for later. With Jay being gone, I definitely won't be able to eat it all. If anyone feels like flying over here for some of my fun filled recipes, I'll be waiting!!!
My butter cake!

3 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

The cake looks tastey!!
I hope you enjoyed it!

Joleen said...

Who taught you to be such a good cook?
Keep up the good work!
Jay's not going to want to go back to Army food on Sunday.

Farmgirl Chaos said...

I guess that would be me! It's a good thing I like food! :)