Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Back to the Books

I started an online class last week with Upper Iowa University. I am one class short of earning a Language Arts endorsement, which would allow me to teach middle school in this subject area. So I decided I might as well take the class and add something more to my license. At one time this school year, there was a chance there would be an opening for the middle school language arts position. I really wanted this endorsement so I would be eligible for hire. That isn't true anymore, but I'm still going to get it. It can only help me!



The class I am taking is American Literature, from the Civil War to now. YUCK!!! I hate reading and I don't like interpreting authors when I don't have a clue what they are saying!! The good thing about this class is that a lot of it is open discussion. We get participation points simply for posting. I'm good at throwing random thoughts up there and asking questions. I'm not worried about that 20% of my grade. But the rest of it... I guess I actually better read!

If nothing else, it helps time pass in the evenings as Jay is out in the field. My class gets down the end of June, so I'll be half over before Jay gets back home.

2 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

If you want, ship those books to me and I will read them. For some reason, I enjoy reading now. And why not learn about history!?

Enjoy!

Risala Furniture said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me. Commercial Carpet Patterns