Monday, May 25, 2009

Welcome Home Jay!

After being out in the field for the past month, I was really excited for Jay to get home this weekend. He wasn't supposed to get home until today (Monday) but on Friday, we found out they would be pulling out on Saturday. I stayed home Saturday and got the house ready for him. I decorated the hallway for him as his welcome home.


A path of creme soda... his favorite!


He hadn't seen our ball picture yet, so I put it in the center of the heart.


They got in to town arond 1:00, but then had to unload, wash the trucks, and get stuff put away. He finally got home at 5:30. I was waiting at the door for him! After a much needed shower, we went out for supper and ice cream. We were back home by 7:00 because Jay was crashing pretty hard. He wanted to put a movie in and fall asleep for the night. This is as far as he got.

He didn't even make it to the movie. He fell asleep on top of the covers with the lights on. An hour later I went and tucked him in and turned the lights off! On Sunday morning, I finally woke him up at 8:45 to be at church by 9:00. I think he's been deprived of sleep for awhile!

It's so great to have him back home again!!! I was quickly reminded why I love him so much!! He makes me so happy!!

2 comments:

Mom said...

So glad to hear Jay is home. Enjoy your time with him while he's home. Hope you can go for some walks and bike rides now that it's getting warmer. I like your "path" that's leading to the kitchen....you know the way to a man's heart!

Farmgirl Chaos said...

Shasta Creme soda??!! I haven't seen that stuff in such a long time. Hope he enjoyed it.