Monday, May 18, 2009

Fun in 2nd Grade!

I've really been enjoying my time in the second grade classroom the past couple of weeks. I have a very active class, but that's great for me. I love to move fast and get a lot of material covered. They weren't used to such a fast pace from their old teacher, but we're starting to get on the same page. They are learning my way of teaching and I'm getting better at slowing down.

Here's a funny comment I got last Friday: I was in the middle of my math lesson. We were learning about the difference between 2D and 3D shapes. I was having fun with them, holding up different objects and having the students compare. They also had to name what I was holding up. I sometimes get goofy when doing things like this. I get so into my math lessons because I love the subject so much!! Anyway, we were almost done and I had a little girl raise her hand. She asked, "When are we going to do math?" I said this is math time. This is geometry and we are learning about shapes. Her response... "This is fun though. Math is boring." I then went on to explain that math doens't have to be boring. It can be fun if we make it! I finally convinced them that what we were doing was actually useful knowledge and not just play time. From my point of view, they completely understood what I was teaching. That's what was so great!! Moments like these make teaching so worth it!!!

Here are a few pictures of my little ones!

We went on a field trip last week. One of our stations was about fire safety. They all got to use a fire hose to put out a fire.

We also got to visit a petting zoo. They had some moose antlers there that the kids were trying to hold up.

1 comment:

Risala Furniture said...

Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.Commercial Carpet Designs