Sunday, September 13, 2009

173rd Banner Day

I just got home from a long day of seeing Jay. By saying long day, I don't mean that in a bad way! I left with three other ladies at 7:00 this morning and made our way to the guys. The day was full of athletic events for the guys. It was kind of set up like the olympics... different events and each squadron participating in it. Jay didn't play in anything, so spent the entire day with me! It was so absolutely wonderful to be with him again. We didn't do anything except sit around all day, but still being able to see him was so great! For most of the day, we sat and watched flag football. Our boys made it into the championship game, but lost that. After that, they had a tug-of-war, which we ended up getting third. To end the day, there was an awards ceremony and then the commander talked for a bit.

The weather was so weird today, but great! When the sun was out, it got really warm. When the sun went under a cloud, it got really cold. The difference was so extreme! I brought lots of layers, so I was good all day. I brought Jay's PT jacket to him so he wasn't so cold either. He had it on for half the day. Somehow, I still managed to get burned. I put SPF lotion on my face this morning and still turned red. I think my skin is messed up after my bad burns in March.

Jay comes home real soon and I can't wait! Even though I'll see him again soon, it was still hard to say good bye. I think it was harder for him because he has to go sleep in a very cold tent. He said this morning when they were up at 4:00, they could see their breaths. We are definitely into fall!!

Sorry for no pictures today. Jay has my camera and I didn't have room to bring his. It's too big to carry around. I definitely want to get a new one, but I kind of need to work a while first and build up some funds!!

I told Jay that the house won't be clean when he gets home. I haven't been home long enough to sit down, let alone clean. My suitcases are all still sitting on the floor in the spare room. I'll have to get them moved before he comes home. Unfortunately, I've been spending so much time at school that the house has been put to the side. It will have to wait until next weekend. I don't think he'll mind!! He'll just be glad to be home!

Soon, soon, very soon!!!

1 comment:

Risala Furniture said...

Great and informative post. thank you for sharing this information with us.arabic floor cushions