Sunday, September 6, 2009

What I've Been Doing

I have done several things this week that I really wanted to do when I came home. I'll share a bit of what I've been up to.

1. I saw Denean at church today! I was so glad to be able to see her and talk to her. She has changed so much since I saw her at Christmas time last year. She needs continued prayers for strength and comfort. She was still able to make a smile on her face, which was so good to see!This is a picture mom took while she was in the hospital last week.

2. Sweet Corn!! I was so excited to come home and get all sloppy with corn juice. I've been craving it all summer long. Germans think we are strange when we ask about corn on the cob. I had lots last night for supper and more today for dinner. Yumm!!! Thanks, Becks, for the corn!! It tasted wonderful!

3. Playing outside! I really miss farm life while in Germany. We have no yard and really no place to be outside. I take lots of walks and ride my bike a lot, but it's just not the same as country life. I have loved being outside, playing with Drake and the cats. I've also enjoyed seeing all of the corn and beans changing, getting closer to harvest.

4. The best part.... being with my family. I am such a mommy and daddy's girl. I have sat in my dad's lap since I was a little tyke. I had to check to make sure I still fit! Of course!!! I've been able to spend all day with my sister at the football game and all day with mom around the house. It's been so great to be with them all!!

Tomorrow, I am getting together with my two best friends. It will be so great to see them because I missed them at Christmas. It's been since our wedding, which is way too long!! I can't wait to sit down and chat with them! We have so many great memories together!

I am looking forward to having Traer pizza tonight. German pizza just isn't the same. I can't wait for thick crust, loaded with good ol' Iowa pork sausage. Yummm!!!

One last thing for today... It's Jay's 27th birthday!! We don't get to celebrate it together, but I sure have been thinking about him. I tried to rig it up so I could talk to him, but haven't figured out a way yet. All of my friends from Schweinfurt are on vacation because of the holiday. I might just have to wait until next Sunday when I can go see him at the training grounds.

1 comment:

Risala Furniture said...

Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about arabic floor cushions
>