Saturday, September 5, 2009

Good Try Panthers!

I had a great day in Iowa City, watching the Panthers nearly claim the state title! They put forth a great effort, but just didn't quite pull it off. I definitely received every penny of entertainment that the ticket cost me! What a nail bitter!

I went to the game with my sister, Nicole, and a teacher I worked with at Sioux Central, Jarvis. Jarvis picked us up at 8:30 this morning and down we went. We didn't do any tailgating, but that was ok with me. It looked like it was getting pretty crazy as we were walking by.

We had great seats, up high so we could see everything and not in an end zone. The sun pounded on us the entire game and it got warm, but I must admit... I do like good ol' Iowa sun! Germany weather just isn't the same. We were able to take our water bottles in, so kept ourselves hydrated.

Nicole and I went shopping on Thursday to get some tshirts for the game. We had to be sure we were showing our Panther pride (even though Nicole's not a Panther). We decked ourselves out this morning with our tshirts, beads, and hair ribbons! We definitely didn't want to be mistaken for a Hawkeye! Jarvis, on the other hand, had an Iowa shirt on. Not appreciated, but I sat beside him anyway.
With our new shirts and beads for college.


Our hair ribbons... we had two strands... a purple one and a football one.
It will be a long time before I get to watch another football game again. The closest I can get to football in Germany is soccer. It's just not the same!! I'm so glad I was able to go today, and last night to the Union varsity game (to watch Bob, who did a great job!!).

2 comments:

Farmgirl Chaos said...

If I have to support another college in this state that is not ISU...UNI would be it. You know how much I dislike UofI. But it was a great game, even if UNI missed pulling out the win.k

Risala Furniture said...

Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about cushion covers online Dubai