Tuesday, September 8, 2009

School Supplies

An added reason of wanting to come home was to find all of my school supplies and take them back with me. When we moved to Germany, I didn't ship anything over from my classroom at Sioux Central. I wasn't sure we would have enough room to store it and wasn't sure I would ever have my own classroom. Now that I do, I need all of my things. It was really hard to decorate my room because I didn't have anything to use to decorate. I printed a lot of pictures off my computer to hang on my walls instead. My desk is still empty too. It needs a taste of home!

Earlier this week, we went up to town to do a little shopping. My eyes were fixed on school things. I bought lots of new borders and posters. I also got some folders and notebooks. The most important thing that I wanted was a chalk holder. My school is so old that we don't have any whiteboards. We're still using the old chalkboards! I was getting so dirty the first two days of school from chalk dust on my hands, which ended up on my clothes. I went to the UNI book store and bought two holders. I'm very happy to have them!
All my new things!!

I also went in to the Traer house to find a lot of my things from Sioux Central. I knew I had a bunch of binders that I really wanted. I found lots of great things that I am taking back with me. I wish I could take another couple of suitcases! I would love to take even more back! I could ship some things over through the mail, but it would be just as cheap to buy them over there. I guess I'll have to make do with what I have.

Digging through boxes at the Traer house.

I worked on packing my suitcases this morning. I wasn't sure if it would all fit. At the moment, I have everything packed but my computer. I have one really big suitcase that I'm a little nervous about the weight. I'll have to bring the scale down and check it out. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to do without until I come home for Christmas. I should be good to go!

I am excited to get back to Germany and spend some more time in my room. I will be able to make the room look a little bit better, especially my own desk! I won't have much time to do it before school starts again, but I can work on it after school all week. I also will have to work on lesson plans as soon as I get back. I haven't even thought about what I'll start teaching when I get back! I have the whole plane ride to be thinking about school! But for now, I'm just going to continue enjoying my time at home!

3 comments:

Kyle & Beth Pettit said...

I love school shopping! Since I am not teaching this year I really had to control and keep myself from going in the teacher store. I could spend way to much money in there.
I can't wait to come check out your classroom. You will have to let you know if you need a volunteer ever...I would love to come help out sometime!

Farmgirl Chaos said...

I hope the one boy is happy to get the birthday poster now. Did you get everything packed up yet?

Risala Furniture said...

Great and informative post. thank you for sharing this information with us.best upholstery Dubai